1. What is this mashup trying to communicate? Is it technical experiment, social or political commentary, a comedic parody, or an abstract work of media art?
The mashup I listen to was the “A Fair(y) Use Tale”. I think that this is an example of comedic parody and abstract work of media. I think that it’s a comedic parody because the creator of this video took specific words from each Disney movie and created a mashup. This is a form of legal copyright because the author of this video got his videos from the a public channel/site to use.
2. Did its creator follow or break copyright laws in its production?
The creator followed the copyright laws in its production because he did not steal the movie clips from Disney. Instead he/she got the videos in a public environment, so the author would not be able to get in trouble from Disney.
3. Do you think that mashup like this requires copyright permission? Why or why not.
For me personally I think that mashup like the “A Fairy Use Tale” should not require any copyright permission because the author is making a educational video to show to other students about Mashup media. The only thing I think would require copyright permission is if a movie copies another movies idea or quotes. I think this would require copyright permission because movies take a really long time to make and so you taking another person’s work and making it your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment