Street Graffiti
This Street Graffiti uses line, shape, balance, and dominance from the Elements and Principles of Design. This graffiti uses line because it uses linear lines in the image. The graffiti shows shape by the rectangles. The rectangle represents stairs. The image also shows balance by creating an illusion with the thickness of the lines. Lastly it shows dominance because this painting shows interest. It confuses your eyes into believing that it’s a real 3D stairs.
Light Graffiti
The light graffiti that I searched online didn’t really give me any interests. The one that I only like is the light graffiti I did. The light graffiti I did was show casing Adrenalyn. My picture shows contrast, colour and value. My picture shows contrast because it has different colours that are on the colour wheel, blue and green. My graffiti also shows value because it shows darkness in the background also called tone. I also have a hint of light at the top of the fingers.
Compare
Street Graffiti and Light Graffiti have some differences and similarities. Street Graffiti uses the traditional spray paint as a paint brush. Many of these graffiti is found on trucks, walls, tunnels, etc. In Street Graffiti people usually use words to describe themselves. People usually get caught by police officers because some Street Graffiti is vandalism. Vandalism is when you intentionally deface something that is not yours. In Light Graffiti, instead of using spray paint they use light and a camera. Light Graffiti is pretty popular because you aren’t vandalizing anything, it’s just light. People usually use Light Graffiti for ads and commercials. The differences between light graffiti and street graffiti would be one uses light to paint and the other uses spray paint to create an image. The similarities would be they both are a form of graffiti, uses the Elements and Principles of Design, and both a form of Hip Hop.


Dude, your description for your street graffiti picture is very thorough. Also your comparison really shows how both types of graffiti can be used as self-expression. Only the fact that street graffiti is illegal and that light graffiti is legal. Those are the only two true differences they have in common.
ReplyDeleteHi Aaron, I really like the street graffiti that you chose. It's gives off a very nice 3D effect with the realistic illusion that it creates with the thickness in the stairs. The Mary Ward light graffiti is also nice. It has a vibrant blue colour that makes the light stand out from the picture, but it also suits the mood and colours in the picture as well. Both forms of graffiti are creative and I agree that the difference between them is vandalism. I think that using graffiti is a good way of expressing yourself.
ReplyDeleteI really think that street graffiti with the staircase is realistic because it makes the stairs so 3D it seems like it is actually there! It's a really impressive graffiti. I also like your light graffiti you made because it brings out a good message as well as advertising our own school's dance team Adrenalyn. Although street graffiti counts as vandalism I do think that the art is still really awesome either way.
ReplyDeleteHaha I'm the person in your light graffiti! I really like the 3D street graffiti you chose because those look like actual stairs. Everyone's said that in their comments, but it's true. The artist must've been really talented in order to be able to use lines properly for the illusion. Good job advertising our school's dance team as well, it was a clever idea.
ReplyDeleteYour examples of street graffiti and light graffiti were spectacular Aaron! The street graffiti was very nice, and the shape, size, and colour really made it look realistic. Your light graffiti was also very well done. It had very nice effects added to it.
ReplyDeleteGreat comparison and descriptions! Love your choice of light graffiti (LOL)!
ReplyDelete