Sunday, January 16, 2011

RE: Blog Entry #5: Digital Actors

1.      Is this acting or is this animation?

In the making of Avatar, the motion picture is acting by actors and than transforming them through digital software to make them look blue. I believe this film is an acting film instead of animation film because if there was no motion of the characters then you will just have people standing there or not even appear at all. The characters motion made the movie more interesting.  Without acting in the movie there would be no dialog or any way to communicate with the audience what is going on in the movie.

2.       Do you think that animated character should be eligible for acting awards?

I do not think that animated characters should be eligible for acting awards because they are not really doing anything for that award. Animated character means that it’s a digital image of something which means that it’s not real. The actors would have had to make the animated characters come alive by showing expression and emotion. I think the actors did a really good job playing their role and they should be recognized for it.

3.       Do you think that human actors will ever become obsolete? Why or why not?

It is sad to say that I am pretty sure that the human actors will become obsolete. I think that the actors will become obsolete because technology is growing day by day. Sooner or later we don’t need human actors to act the parts anymore. Most of the movies we will watch in the future would be computer generated.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't think that human actors will ever become obsolete. Even with technology growing day by day, movies started out with human actors. I'm pretty sure no one will want to completely get away from how it all started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think animated actors wouldn't be able to be eligible to win awards because they don't really act or memorize lines, but i don't think that human actors will ever become obsolete because they are needed to fill in small details that the designers might not be able to do by themselves

    ReplyDelete